Privacy Statement & Disclaimer
Your privacy and online safety are important to us. This privacy statement is to inform you about how your personal data is collected, used and processed by www.financialcrimeacademy.org (“we”). By visiting www.www.financialcrimeacademy.org, you agree to the policies set out in this statement.
Information we collect from you
We only collect information from you if we have a reason to do so, for example, to provide our services, to communicate with you, or to make our services better.
We collect information in three ways: 1) if and when you provide information to us, 2) automatically through operating our services, and 3) from outside sources. The three ways are explained below:
Information you provide to us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect the information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context in which you use our services and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Account Information: For using certain features and services of our page, such as registering for a course or subscribing to our website, you are required to register for an account. In that case, we will collect and store any information you provide, such as email address, phone number, date of birth, profession, website link, social media profiles, photo and any other information you chose to provide. We only need your email and a username essentially to create your account, providing us with the other details is a matter of choice and you may choose not to share them with us.
- Public Profile Information: If you have an account with us, we collect the information that you provide for your public profile. Your username is a part of that public profile, along with any other information you put into your public profile. Your public profile is, as it says, public, so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- Course Information: We offer courses that you can enroll in. As a part of our services, we collect information related to you as a part of our course(s), including, for example, course name, assignments, course progress, uploaded essays, quiz performance, interaction in forums, exchanges with course instructors and other participants and alike.
- Payment Information: If you subscribe for any of our paid services, we collect certain information with respect to your purchase and which is necessary to process your order (including, for example, your email, address, phone number and other details provided). You will be required to provide payment and billing details to our payment processing systems, including, for example your name, credit card details, billing address and alike. However, please note that we do not store or collect your credit card information.
- Public Content: Many of our courses allow you to participate on public forums that may or may not be restricted to course participants, and interact, post, share, communicate or otherwise publicly submit content (“public content”). We may collect and store this content and it may be publicly available to other users depending on where it has been posted. By using our services, you agree that any public content may remain included in our services and visible to other people, even after you have ceased to use our services.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Access Information: Every time you access our webpage for any purpose, including, for example, to browse our services or to purchase a course, we collect data (so called “server log files”). These include for example the name of the page visited, the date, the time, the quantity of the data transferred, the browser type and version, the operating system of the user, the referring URL (the page visited prior), the IP address and the requesting provider, the geolocation, the pages visited, the click data, and other information regarding your use of our services. We only use this data for statistic purposes and the safety and optimization of our We retain the right to use this data to investigate illegal use of our services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our s For example, we collect information about what happens when you use our services (e.g. page views) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our services, in order to improve the quality of our services.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our services from certain geographic regions and alike.
- Analytics: We use third-party analytic tools such as Google Analytics to help us understand the usage of our services. Google collects cookies (including your IP address), which are text files on your computer, which will be transmitted and stored by Google on their servers in the US. Google will use this information to generate reports on the use of our website and the traffic and activity. You can opt out from Google Analytics via the link below. In doing so, an opt-out cookie will be stored on your computer, preventing the future collection of your data on our website.https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your account through another service (e.g. Facebook or LinkedIn), we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above essentially to ensure better quality of our services and the following non-exhaustive list of reasons:
- Provide, administer and facilitate the use of our services;
- Communicate with you with regards to your account and respond to your requests;
- Get in touch with you with regards to courses you have registered for, including, for example, instructions, progress follow up, updates, deadlines and other information relevant to your course progress;
- Send you updates about new courses, promotions, blog posts or other features and offers via our newsletter. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom;
- Inform and notify you of the replies to posts on our forums upon your express indication to receive the notifications. You can unsubscribe from these any time;
- Analyze trends and traffic and tack user information for internal business purposes;
- Monitor and protect the security of our services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights of our intellectual property and others;
- Personalize your experience in using our services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements;
- Monitor and analyse trends and better understand how users interact with our services, which helps us improve;
- Identify unique user access across devices.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Instructors and Teaching Assistants: we may share your registration information, profile information and course information with instructors and teaching assistants who work with us.
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that enable us to provide our services to you (e.g. payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our services (e.g. analytics providers).
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you in ordinary circumstances including, for example, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our services.
- Published Support Requests: If you send us a request (e.g., via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect all information about you that we have against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. While we do our best, we cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted to us. Any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Your Choices and Rights
You have several choices available when it comes to providing us any information about you or extend future services:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: You can always choose not to provide certain data to us. However, this may prevent you from using certain features of our services or certain services altogether. If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Once you have set up a user account, you can always access your account and change any personal information we store about you based on the one entered in your account.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, including, for example, messages about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our website, with the drawback that certain features may not function properly without the aid of cookies
- You have the right be informed about all information we store about you without charge which also includes correction of any incorrect data.
- You may request the full deletion of your account and all related information by emailing hello at financialcrimeacademy.org, provided that there is no legal obligation for us to preserve your information. Please note that any Public Content you have posted while using our services will not be deleted through this action.
You can also always contact us at hello at financialcrimeacademy.org with any questions and doubts.
Any liability for direct or indirect references to external websites (“hyperlinks”), which are outside our responsibility, would be assumed only if we are aware of the content and it would be technically possible and reasonable for us to prevent use in the event of illegal content. We herewith expressly declare that, at the time of the placing of the link, there was no noticeable illegal content on the linked pages. We have no influence of any kind on the current and future design, the content or the authorship of the linked pages. Therefore, we herewith distance ourselves expressly from all contents on all linked pages that have been changed after the placing of the link. This statement applies for all links and references set within this website, as well as third-party entries in guest books, discussion forums and mailing lists set up by us.
We reserve the right to change or remove content on this website without notification.